Sunday 23 June 2013

Summer Playlist

In a desperate attempt to continue kidding myself that it's summer - isn't it about time the wind and rain gave us a break?! - I decided to update my summer playlist in preparation for any hint of sunshine. Being the summer solstice a few days ago, I had my fingers crossed in the hope of going outside wearing shorts and blasting out my summer songs; but with an appearance from the sun becoming less likely than Amanda Bynes' sanity being restored, it may be a while until I can do so.

Most of my year is spent listening to bands/singers such as Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, The Wanted, Mumford & Sons and Ellie Goulding and basically anything acoustic which this list does not represent at all, as for some reason my taste dramatically changes in summer and I suddenly enjoy all the cringey chart type songs. Honest it's not always like this!
My ipod's summer playlist consists of around 60 songs and I tried whittling it down to my top ten but failed as theres so many I love and wanted to include. So, in order, here are my top 18 instead (as I always say anyway; the more the merrier!):

 

18) Glad You Came - The Wanted

The video for it is just as summery as the song - it was filmed in Ibiza! and fun fact: it's the only song I can play on the keyboard

17) 22 - Taylor Swift

I know I said my taste changes dramatically in the summer, but theres got to be a bit of Taylor in there!

16) Summertime In The City - Scouting For Girls

To be fair most of their songs have a summery vibe, but this one is definitely all about summer!

15) Paradise - Coldplay

PARA PARAAA, PARADISE - I know it's been extremely overplayed but you're lying if you say you don't love this song!

14) What A Night - Loveable Rogues

Quite a new song from some new artists, but I'm already obsessed! Definately check them out if you haven't already!

13) She Moves In Her Own Way - The Kooks

This is one of those songs that you recognise but have no idea where from?!

12) Fall - Justin Bieber

One of his less well-known songs - I'm no belieber (promise!) but this song is so catchy and perfect for blasting out loud!

11) California Girls - Katy Perry

Well it's about California so of course it had to be on the list!

10) Chasing The Sun - The Wanted

~ Chasing The Sun symbol (pic from google) ~
I spent most of last summer tattooing (well, biro pen-ing) the sun symbol from the music video onto my hands..my arms..my feet, all over really

9) You Belong With Me - Taylor Swift

SHE WEARS SHORT SKIRTS, I WEAR T-SHIRTS - with lyrics even catchier than conjunctivitis, this song had to be number 9

8) Club Can't Handle Me - Flo Rida

Ok this song dates back to summer 2010 when I shamefully enjoyed the charty, rappy type music so it brings back many memories of my holiday in Spain which is why it's so high on the list.

7) Missing You - The Saturdays

Again, this is one of those charty summer 2010 songs that has embarrassingly stuck with me..

6) We Are Never Getting Back Together - Taylor Swift

Last Taylor Swift one, I promise! I was totally obsessed with this just in time for my holiday to Cyprus last year

5) Drive By - Train

I wasn't even going to include this song in the list, but it started playing as I was writing and IT JUST HAD TO GO IN!!

4) Life Is Beautiful - Vega4

Quite a slow song which no one I ask has heard of (it was used in a scene from the film Street Dance which is how I came across it) which is good for relaxing on the beach to

3) Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepson

My guilty pleasure; I secretly loved this song throughout summer 2012 and was probably the only one who didn't change radio stations whenever it was played

2) Taking Over Me - Lawson

Lawson's songs are often about heartbreak and can have quite sad lyrics but this song is totally different and is very upbeat - perfect for sunny days!

1) Hey, Soul Sister - Train

One of the best songs in existence, I absolutely love this song! Even though I listen to it all year round, it never fails to remind me of a school trip I went on in July 2010 when everyone was totally in love with this song and it was pretty much all we heard for those 2 days.

So that is my countdown of my top 18 summer songs! I hope you're feeling all lovely and summery now and won't be too disappointed when you look out the window and see a grey sky. Let me know what your top summer songs are - or even if any are the same as mine! - as I'm always on the lookout for new songs to add to my ipod, especially at the moment as I haven't been adding anything new recently. Thanks for reading and remember to follow me on bloglovin if you enjoyed this or any of my other posts! (Button in the sidebar)

2 comments:

  1. Seeing this playlist makes me want to make my own now.

    Also, I have nominated you for The Liebster Award, check out the info on my Blog :)
    http://lorileeslondon.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/nominated-for-liebster-award.html

    Lorilee xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg thank you so much for nominating me! I'll post the answers to the questions a bit later!:D xx

      Delete