Monday 17 June 2013

Ten Little Secrets Tag

Recently, I found out about the '10 little secrets tag' which a few blogs I have follow have written about. I loved the idea of this and also found out a lot about the bloggers I follow and their favourite products, so I thought I'd give it a go myself!

1. Which is one product that makes you feel like a million dollars?

Due to this product's packaging, it probably seems quite surprising that I find it so incredible, however 'aloe Lanzarote' is definitely one of my best buys ever.
In 2011, I went on holiday to Lanzarote, where I saw these 'aloe Lanzarote' products in almost every single shop. Lanzarote is famous for it's aloe vera plants so I guessed that must be why you can't go anywhere without escaping these products. Near the end of my holiday, I decided to try one out and at the time I wasn't expecting it to be great and I'd bought it more as a memory of the holiday instead of a product I thought I'd love.
I'm so glad I bought it though! There were so many to choose from and I bought the 'foot cream' basically because it was the cheapest one in the shop. I could go on forever about how amazing this product is, but I'll just be quick and say that you genuinely only have to use it once on dry skin and the next day, you will notice a huge difference! Even though it's the foot cream, I sometimes use a small amount anywhere else where I have dry skin and it's gone within a day! Aloe Lanzarote is absolutely incredible and I recommend it to everyone! Although some products are quite expensive - this one was the cheapest one I found at 9 euros - it is definately worth it for the amazing quality! I recently found the website here and I am sure to be purchasing more as soon as this one runs out!

~ No7 Cleansing Water, Cleansing Balm and Toner ~

2. What is your skin care secret?

No7 skincare products are probably the best out there and I bought these 3 at a time when I had vouchers which resulted in me only spending £13 on all three instead of £26! Within a week of using them, my skin was completely clear with no spots at all.
Although I'm not particularly prone to spots, I can get quite a few on my forehead and nose at times but these products completely got rid of everything. The cleansing water is aimed at oily skin while the balm is aimed at dry skin so I think they work well together as my skin is quite oily around my nose and chin but my forehead can become quite dry. I try to use these products every night although fail massively because I'm lazy, but every time I do use them I notice a big difference in my skin.

3) What is your hair care secret?

I'm probably the worst person to be giving out hair care advice as I have crazy split ends - I've become too scared to go to the hairdressers now in fear of being incredibly judged or having to have my hair cut really short due to the damage - but I do often get compliments on the length of my hair and people asking how I grew it. My secret to growing long hair though isn't a magic formula that will cause it to grow overnight (although it would be great if they existed!) But no, my secret is basically to not wash your hair.
Of course I don't mean to never wash your hair; just wash it around twice a week and at most 3 times a week. Aside from my terrible split ends, my hair is still in pretty good condition and isn't dry at all. I know some of you feel the need to wash your hair daily, but if you get used to washing it every other day, your hair will learn to become less greasy on the 2nd day and it will be better for your hair.
I guess the reason my hair can often last for so long comes down to when I was younger and I used to absolutely hate washing my hair, so it barely got washed and I think that may be a reason why it can last for days without becoming greasy.

4) What is your diet rule?

Personally I think that if you're going to diet you need to talk to someone professional as dieting can be dangerous and unhealthy and in many cases cause you to not lose much weight at all as people seem to think skipping meals is a good idea - it's not! So I think if you're desperate to lose weight then definitely talk to a doctor or someone professional first and don't believe everything you read on the internet.
Personally, I believe in just eating whatever the hell you want! (Within reason) The idea of a thigh gap and a flat stomach becomes far less appealing when it means swapping nutella pancakes for celery sticks and I don't believe anyone who says they prefer the latter.

5) Workout tips?

I'm one of those freaks who weirdly enjoys going to the gym, but not because I'm an exercising fanatic or am good at it, I just love the feeling afterwards when you leave the gym feeling healthy and like you've achieved something. My rule for the gym is to never leave until I've burnt at least 250 calories. It's not that I count calories in everything I eat and aim to burn them off cause I don't, I just find that if I set this target then I will actually work hard in the gym and it motivates me to run that extra few minutes on the treadmill. Aside from the fact that it's torture at the time, if I didn't have this target for each gym session then I would probably leave having done almost nothing and not feeling great.

6) What perfume is your secret weapon?

Without a doubt, it would have to be Guilty by Gucci. I wear this whenever I go on nights out so the smell always brings back good memories. It's quite a strong smelling perfume as well, so is definitely more of an evening perfume than a day perfume, I believe.

7) An item of clothing that always turns heads?

~ Left ones are mine, Right ones are Taylor's ~
Thinking about it, I don't actually own that many 'night out' kind of clothes so I don't have anything that particularly stands out, although I'd have to say my cream, high-waisted, lacy shorts are probably my most complimented item of clothing.
For daytime wear, I team them with a denim jacket while for evenings I often wear them with a blouse and some jewellery. I bought them from River Island last summer and fangirled like crazy when Taylor Swift's album came out in October and there is a photo of her wearing an extremely similar pair!

8) What is your most treasured piece of jewellery?

My most treasured piece would have to be a silver necklace which I bought from 'Bijou Bridgette' about a year ago. I'd been wanting it for ages but as I was low on money I didn't want to buy it. But I eventually decided to go for it and I'm so glad I did as I wear it pretty much every day! It's a very simple necklace - a plain silver chain with a large 3d heart and it's about ribcage length - but I love that as it means it works with almost any outfit.

9) Who is your style crush?

Wow, I have so many! Taylor Swift is of course my all-time favourite style icon. The dress she wore to the 2012 billboards I thought was amazing and I love her makeup too. I tried to find a dress similar to the one she wore to the Billboards (pictured below) for my school prom which is in a few weeks and I did find some however I decided on a different red dress instead (which you will see in a few weeks after my prom!) I love how Taylor wears high-waisted shorts as well and I'm often influenced to buy outfits after seeing her in them.
I discovered Vanessa Hudgens' festival style on tumblr as pictures of her are constantly plastering my dashboard and I absolutely love everything she wears! Also, I've recently got into the programme 'Made In Chelsea.' I'm nearing the end of series one now and I'm in love with Millie Mackintosh's style! She often wears denim jackets like me, however she wears them in a much more sophisticated way than how I do which has influenced me to start doing the same!
~ Millie Mackintosh, Taylor Swift and Vanessa Hudgens (pictures from Google) ~

10) Tell us something we don't know about you?

As I'm quite new to blogging, I guess there's still quite a lot that you may not know about me; but the main thing I'm suprised I haven't mentioned yet is my love for cats - especially my own! All my friends joke that I'm going to become a 'crazy cat woman' like the one from The Simpsons just because I love cats so much! I'm lucky enough to own two who are siblings called Maisie and Fred. I could go on for hours about them and how perfect they are and I may end up doing a separate blog post about them at some point.
I'm like those annoying parents who think their children are better than everyone else - but the cat version! I just think my cats are perfect and amazing and beautiful ok!

~ My two beautiful cats ~
I've tried my hardest not to waffle on about everything as I tend to do that quite a lot..But I hope you've enjoyed reading and I tag all my followers to do the same! I'd love to read yours, so let me know if you've done this tag too and leave a link in the comments! The links to my twitter and tumblr are below and remember to follow me on Bloglovin if you enjoyed reading my blog! (Button to do so is in the sidebar)

No comments:

Post a Comment